Check out all the cool things that inspired me this week:
- Can you even believe these photos? It's an amazing vintage clothing shop on Etsy called FabGabs. ALL the photos are like this and ALL the clothing is amazing. Check it out, if only for the great photo styling.
- This beauty showed up a while ago on my local Craig's List... do you think I should go for it? It's a tad bit pricey, but looks like it's in good condition. And I have been looking for something similar for a while. It's not exactly what I want, but it is nice.
- I am really excited to get started knitting these amazing and super cute baby socks shaped like duck feet for a good friend who is 7 months pregnant. The pattern is a bit complex, but I am up for the challenge.
- I've posted about this before, but one of my favorite cartoon shorts from Sesame Street was the number 12 pinball sequence. You all know it and love it. Watch the extended version on YouTube.
- I made a Smurf tote bag for a friend's baby shower this weekend. I love how it turned out and now totally inspired to start cranking out a few of these for the shop.
- I also hemmed my first pair of trousers... A pair of linen jeans from H&M. The original hem was a basic roll and stitch, so I figured I wouldn't have any problems doing it myself. It was easy and sewing linen was like sewing butter.
I have a FULL weekend ahead of movie watching, teaching, vintage clothes shopping, thrifting, searching for Smarties and Tim Tams, eating at delicious restaurants, more thrifting, a baby shower and watching a screening of Handmade Nation.
What inspired YOU this week?