AMSTERDAM TO LONDON
- I took the EuroStar train to London this morning, via Brussels. There was a French father and son sitting across from me and the kid barfed twice in a bag. Um, ewww.
- I stayed at the YMCA in Barbican. They had single rooms for super cheap. It was really out of the way, but the price was good.
- It was really weird to see signs and hear English after two months of not hearing or seeing it anywhere.
- My ATM card stopped working and I had to call my bank from London. I got it worked out but it was a bit scary at first.
- I just walked around and took it all in. I lived and worked in London in 1996 and also studied there in 1998, so it was good to just wonder around my old haunts and see what had changed. It felt really good to be back.
- I ate a Mr. Wu's in Leicester Square... at the time is was all you could eat for £4.50. Chinese #12!!