VENICE TO VIENNA
- I took an overnight train to Vienna. This was my first overnight train and I thought it was pretty decent. I slept well, but only for maybe 6 hours since the train ride wasn't longer than 7 hours. They served continental breakfast complete with tea or coffee before we arrived in Vienna.
- It was wet, rainy and chilly when I arrived in Vienna. After four weeks of sun and heat, I loved the cold temperatures. Overall, I was happy to be back in central Europe which I generally enjoy more than southern Europe.
- I was staying in university residence halls a bit out of the way, and had some trouble finding the building. I was able to rely on my mediocre German skills to call them and ask for directions. I remember being quite pleased at myself for asking in German and understanding the woman on the phone.
- I headed back in to town and went straight for H&M... the weather was a bit TOO chilly and I didn't have a jacket. I bought a heavier nylon shirt which helped keep out some of the chill.
- I took the streetcar #1 which goes around and around the ring road and gives you a good sense of the city.
- I then went to the Haus Der Musik which was really cool. It's an interactive museum centered around sound and music.
- I was confused about my duvet back at the "hotel." I wasn't quite sure how I was supposed to use it.